Monday, November 21, 2011

Look I'm Knitting!

Through a sorted set of circumstances I find myself in possession of more yarn than I could have imagined.


My Nana taught me to knit when I was a little girl, and one summer in college I worked with a girl who reminded me. But I’m not very good at it, and kitting patterns look like Greek to me. But I have a friend who has been knitting for like 20 years and in and unofficial exchange for some skeins (I think that’s what they are called) she gave me a private lesson. Look what I can do!!!!!



And I find knitting  is a great exercise for me in patience, slow progress, and creation without purpose.

If I keep working on this thing I might have a scarf in 2-3 years. But I enjoy doing it and that is enough. Pre blog Ruth would get frustrated that all this work would not result in a perfect scarf, so why bother. 

But I really am enjoying this. So I’m just going to keep going. We’ll see what happens. Maybe I’ll make a scarf. Maybe a trivet. Who cares I’m having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment